Monday, January 3, 2011

Entryway Shelf

My entryway is super skinny. There isn't a lot of room for any kind of console table with a cute chair. Bummer. The next best thing is a really cute shelf, right? My mom is the queen of using painters' tape to plan furniture placement. The blue tape is my future shelf. I get what you're thinking: "Uh, it's off center from your adorable chalkboard."
 As you will see in this pic, we took the chalkboard down and moved it over. The shelf needed to be at least a foot deep. If we centered it under the previous location of the chalkboard, my front door would hit it every time. (Dad is working on the measuring in the pic below. He says, "Martha may have minions, but you have parents.")
 The beautiful corbels are something found at an antique store back in Illinois. We just got the new Pottery Barn. They have something really similar. I've seen others around for cheaper. Well, anyway, I love the corbels and didn't want to hide them. My first thought was a glass shelf. I'm always looking at acrylic accent tables and can't figure out where to use them. This shelf gave me the opportunity to get some acrylic and not have the danger of a piece of glass floating in my entryway.
 My acrylic piece came from Regal Plastic Supply (http://www.regalplastic.com/).
Here it is! All finished and decked out at Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using painter's tape to map out furniture placement, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I LOVE this look...great idea you had here. Hop over and check out my fun giveaway.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete