Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nursery Typography

My neighbor's baby boy is almost here! For a welcome home gift, I am making them some wall art for their nursery. They are decking theirs out with a sailing theme.
First, I printed out a classic nursery rhyme:
I saw a ship a-sailing, a-sailing on the sea,
And oh but it was laden with pretty things for thee.
There were comfits in the cabin
And apples in the hold.
The sails were made of silver
And the masts were made of gold.
over and over and over in varying shades of blue (Erik says it looks like waves that way...so sweet for him to feign interest) on cardstock.
Then I cut out three sailboats using five different red and blue papers. I rubbed the edges of each piece of "sailboat" with my brown ink pad to give it a sort of shadowy effect.
Finally, I put them on the cardstock with little foam stickies to make them stand out.


 One problem: I can't go get little frames from the dollar store to paint red when our street is an ice-skating rink!This weather is insane. I'm getting a little stir crazy.
Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these little sailboats!! So adorable! Do you mind if I use the shape/concept to turn them into a free printable on my blog?

    ReplyDelete