Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Free Mummies

I keep seeing mummies all over pinterest and blogs. People are wrapping everything in gauze, tp, and white crepe paper. For a "spooky" light in the bathroom during our Halloween party, I put three little mummy lanterns together. Best part: they were free!

I grabbed three different shape jars (I save them all : / ).

Then I soaked some gauze (from our first aid bin) with modge podge using a sponge brush.
After that I simply wrapped them up my jars. I dug in my craft bin for some googly eyes, stuck those between the folds, and TA DA:

Hopefully they won't scare people too bad! That could make for a stinky bathroom. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my jar hoarding habit. Thank you for this post. I'm going to do the same thing only use those 4g allon water cooler jugs I have left over and can't seem to bring myself to throw away. :O) This will be perfect Trick-or-Treat night. TFS!

    ReplyDelete